How Durable is Vinyl Siding?March 29, 2023
As a homeowner, you need durable siding to protect your family against the elements. When it comes to durability, vinyl siding is among the top choices for exterior cladding. As a Tennessee homeowner, understanding the durability of siding materials is crucial. It directly impacts the longevity and value of your home. This comprehensive guide helps homeowners understand the extent of vinyl siding’s durability and maintenance.
What Factors Affecting the Durability of Vinyl Siding?
Vinyl siding is a popular exterior cladding material made from PVC (polyvinyl chloride) resin. It’s a cost-effective cladding and nearly 100% maintenance-free. With a wide range of colors and styles, vinyl siding can give your Tennessee home a fresh and modern look.
Factors that affect the durability of your siding include:
● Quality and thickness of the material: Higher quality and thicker vinyl siding is more resistant to cracking and warping, providing better durability.
● Tennessee climate and weather conditions: Vinyl siding is well-suited for the humid and variable climate of Tennessee. It is resistant to moisture and can withstand temperature fluctuations, thunderstorms, and strong winds.
● Proper installation and maintenance: Ensuring proper installation and regular maintenance is essential for prolonging the lifespan of vinyl siding.
● UV radiation and color fading: Prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause vinyl siding to fade over time. Choosing light-colored siding and UV-resistant coatings can help mitigate this issue. Some siding companies offer warranties to guarantee the resistance to color fading.
Expected lifespan of Vinyl House Siding
How long does vinyl siding last? Homeowners are happy to hear that standard vinyl siding lasts for 20-30 years. Meanwhile, high-quality vinyl siding can last up to 40 years or more. The lifespan of your vinyl siding will depend on its quality, installation, and maintenance. It also depends on local weather.
Vinyl siding requires little-to-no maintenance. However, there are some quick and ways to improve the longevity of your cladding even further.
Maintenance tips to improve the durability of your siding:
● Regular cleaning and inspection: Clean your vinyl siding at least once a year using a soft brush and a mixture of white vinegar and water. Inspect for any damage, such as cracks or loose panels, and address these issues promptly. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s warranty and follow the directions for cleaning.
● Repairing minor damages promptly: Fix small cracks or holes in your vinyl siding as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Consider upgrading to foam-backed siding that is more impact resistant.
● Protecting siding from direct sunlight: Plant trees or install awnings to shield your vinyl siding from the harsh sun. This helps to reduce the risk of fading and warping.
● Ventilation and moisture control: Ensure proper ventilation and moisture control in your home to prevent mold and mildew growth, which can damage vinyl siding.
Get Durable Vinyl Siding from Tennessee Thermal
When you want quality vinyl siding that lasts for many decades, it’s time to talk to Tennessee Thermal. We provide exceptional craftsmanship with our siding that makes your home more beautiful as well as energy efficient. Contact us today for a free estimate.